If you have a pet and it gets sick, you’d do all you could to get it well and back running around again. For those with a cancer-stricken pet at home, chances are they’ve already heard of CBD and what it can do to boost overall health. If you don’t know yet, CBD or cannabidiol is a compound found in the cannabis plant, which along with over a 100 other cannabinoids, has a slew of health benefits that are still under research.
There’s no need to worry that CBD will get your pet “high” though. It is non-psychoactive, unlike THC which is not.
Benefits Of CBD For Your Pet
- It Is A Powerful Painkiller: Nowadays, CBD is known widely for the painkilling properties it possesses. Studies done all around have shown that the compound is capable of helping manage pain in several different ways.
- It Is A Known Anticonvulsant: One of the many well-known medicinal uses CBD is put to includes controlling the tics, seizures, tremors, and spasms. This is mainly because CBD is naturally an anticonvulsant.
- It Is Anti-Inflammatory: CBD has anti-inflammatory effects, which is why many believe the compound is so very useful in the treatment of a wide array of medical conditions.
- It Brings Down Stress And Anxiety: There have been many studies conducted which show that CBD is capable of helping manage symptoms arising from a range of mental conditions. This includes anxiety, which is a common ailment in today’s society. Pets are a lot like humans in this respect since it has been shown they can suffer from stress, anxiety, and even specific phobias. CBD has proven effective in the mitigation of many of these conditions.
- It Can Maybe Slow Tumor Growth: Studies on rats have shown that CBD is able to guard against colon cancer, by halting the growth and development of malignant tumors.
- It Promotes Homeostasis: There are many pet owners nowadays who not only find the use of CBD as successful in treating a specific illness, but also as a good supplement in promoting their pets’ overall wellbeing and health.
If you have a pet that suffers from chronic pain, epilepsy, stress/anxiety, or cancer, it may be high time you tried CBD at least as a health and wellness supplement. If there is even the slightest chance that your sweetheart could get well from this, there is no sense in not trying it out.